(This quantity makes about 8 made in a small 8" non-stick fry pan)
- 1/2 cup besan (chick pea) flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 cup +/- cold water ( or 1/2 water 1/2 milk)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Mix flours together well
- Add egg and water (water/milk)
- Beat together well until no lumps left in mixture.
- Mixture needs to be quite runny depending on the thickness of pancakes you want to make.
- Heat small non-stick frypan on HIGH heat, till pan is HOT.
- Pour thin layer of mixture into pan, swirling the mixture to the edge of pan
- Cook on one side till light brown, then turn to cook other side
For crisper 'bread' cook on high heat with lid on or in a Weber Q series HIGH setting with lid down till 'bread' crisps.
I just use this for my self, making them up freshly each time I need some. I keep the mixture in a small spill proof lidded bowl in the fridge.
Can be used as regular bread -
For breakfast top with bacon and eggs. Spread one with marmalade.
For lunch spread with avocado, mayo, add salad and chicken, ham etc. Roll up.
Also can be used as a dessert pancake with sugar and lemon; maple syrup and ice cream/cream etc.
I hope you'll try these as the flavour and texture is good.