This is really yummy and quite easy to do.
|The half that was left before I took a pic ;-))|
This is what you need:
3 medium eggplants (750gr) cut lengthways into 1.5 cm slices
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups (or 375gr tub) ricotta
1/4 fresh grated parmesan cheese
3 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 cup torn basil leaves
3/4 cup tomato pasta sauce
This is what you do:
- Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and season.
- Place under grill 12mins each side until soft
- Put into 20cm x 20cm oven proof dish
- Beat eggs lightly, stir to combine with basil, ricotta and parmesan
- Layer eggplant, pasta sauce and ricotta mix alternately, finishing with ricotta mix.
- I sprinkled a little more parmesan over the top.