This cake is yummy, delicious and good for you.
So 'ave a go' as we say in Oz... :-)
'One cup' easy peasy fruit medley cake
You will need:
1 cup each of the following:
- Fruit Medley
- Shredded or desiccated coconut
- Milk, Soy milk or any other 'milk' or even water will do
- Soft brown sugar
- Self Raising Flour.
- Heat oven to moderate
- Grease and/or line loaf tin with baking paper (opt)
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add liquid (this is quite a runny mix)
- Pour batter into loaf tin
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Insert knitting needle, fork or skewer to see if cake is cooked.
- Let cake cool, then cut and spread with butter if desired.
This cake is also yummy hot with custard, cream or icecream.
Variation: Add any kind of raw nuts to the mixture and/or decorate top of cake with nuts before placing in oven. If you don't have fruit medley, you can use any other dried fruits.